BOOST YOUR BUSINESS WRITING WORKSHOP
January 31 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm£65
Words. They sell stuff. But how do they sell stuff? And how can you use them to take your business to the next level of success?
This intensive half day workshop will show you. We’ll start by identifying your product or service and what makes it unique. Then we’ll get practical and show you how to produce attention-grabbing writing that gets results.
WHAT YOU’LL DO ON THE DAY
The course is skills-based rather than content-focused, so by the end of the day you’ll be able to apply what you’ve learnt to all your social media, website, blog, ads, emails, reports and every other aspect of your business writing.
Practical exercises will focus on these key elements:
- Clarity – we’ll look at how simplicity, clarity and precision are the key to successful writing.
- Structure – we’ll show you how to make your ideas flow seamlessly and effortlessly.
- Grammar and Syntax – not as boring as it sounds. You’ll learn to avoid jargon and clichés, and have a short refresher on punctuation – for example, do you know your its from your it’s, and should you even be they’re?
- The Passive Voice – why it’s a Very Bad Thing and how to avoid it.
- Your Audience – the key element. Without an audience, you’re nothing. You’ve got no market, no sales, no business. So how can you put yourself in their shoes and find out what they want?
- Proofreading – the words you produce reflect your professionalism, so they’d better be right. We’ll talk about the final check, the fresh pair of eyes and the final, final check.
The course is kept deliberately small – places are limited to twelve people – and the focus will be on developing new skills and creating writing you can take back to your workplace and actually use. You’ll work solo, in pairs and as a group, and at the end of the two and a half hours workshop, there’ll be a useful thirty minute wind-down period where you’ll be able to network, chat and make connections with your tutors and fellow attendees.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THE COURSE?
Anyone who wants to sell their services or products. So you might be a baker, an app developer, a plumber, a coder, a yoga teacher, a musician, a florist… whatever you do and whoever you are, if you use words (and who doesn’t?) you’ll benefit from this course.
WHO ARE WE?
We’re Writing Project. We’ve worked with a wide range of businesses, from big organisations like HMRC and the NHS, to SMEs and entrepreneurial start-ups. All our trainers are experienced, professional writers and, in addition to being published authors, are skilled and imaginative workshop facilitators