Still Life Drawing Course
July 13 @ 12:00 pm - 4:30 pm£30
Even if you’ve never drawn before this one-day course will be an excellent introduction to still life drawing. Suitable for complete beginners and those with some experience, we’ll cover all necessary aspects and guide you step by step and show you how to accomplish better drawings.
- Learn how to measure and draw what you see.
- Learn to simplify complex shapes. Transform 3D to 2D.
- We will cover composition, perspective, scale, texture, tone, shade, line and approach – all in a straightforward, simple way to help you develop your work and build confidence.
- We’ll start with pencil, charcoal and chalk and build until you are working with coloured pastels – a great medium that allows painterly qualities within a drawing framework – enabling full colour representation in your work and a rich form of expression.
- In four hours you will get started and guided through a sure-safe method with plenty of demonstrations and one-to-one tuition from a Professional Tutor.
Course Tutor: Edward Wills
Edward studied at Winchester, The Byam Shaw School of Art (Painting Diploma) and Reading University (Fine Art). He has been a professional artist for the last 30 years with work in private collections worldwide including the Royal Collection. He has exhibited at The Mall Galleries and The Royal Academy. Edward is also a specialised tutor to a number of architectural practises in London.
£30 including tuition, drawing boards, paper and drawing materials.